Drawing, animation, game, cartoon etc.
1、How do I use my Artist 16 in left-handed mode?
1. In your computer’s Display settings, set your displays to “Extend” mode (For Mac computers, disable display mirroring.). Set the Artist 16 to “Monitor 2.”
2. Ensure that the tablet’s driver software is installed and functional.
1. Double-click the tablet icon in your system tray on the bottom-right of your screen to open your driver settings.
2. Open the “Monitor Setting” tab and set the Artist 16 to “Monitor 2”.
Open the “Calibration” tab and set “Rotate” to “Rotate 180 degrees”.
4. Rotate your Artist 16’s physical display 180 degrees. You may unscrew the tablet’s built-in stand, then re-attach it up-side down.
5. Open your video card settings. (AMD Catalyst Control Center, etc)
6. Click “Rotate Desktop.” Select “Desktop 2.”
7. Select 180 degree rotation, then click “Apply” and exit.
1. Rotate your Artist 16’s physical display 180 degrees. You may unscrew the tablet’s built-in stand, then re-attach it up-side down.
2. Open “System Preferences,” then open the “Display” tab.
3. Open your digital display settings, then set “Rotation” to 180 degrees.
2、My tablet’s pen pressure works in my driver settings, but not in Paint Tool SAI
1. Open SAI.
2. Ensure that “Mode” is set to “Normal” and “Preserve Opacity” is not enabled.
3. In your brush settings, ensure that “Min Size” is set to a number under 100%. Lower “Min Size” allows for a higher range of pen pressure.
4. On SAI’s toolbar, click “Others,” then “Options.”
5. In the “Digitizer Support” tab, set “Click detection pressure” to “0.”
6. Click “OK.” If pen pressure is still not functional, open SAI’s installation folder, then open “misc.ini” in a text editing program such as Notepad.
7. Scroll down to “TabletMouseSimulation.”
8. If it is set to 0, please change it to 1, then save and exit.
9. If it is set to 1, please change it to 0, then save and exit.
10. Open SAI and test for the issue.
3、How to upgrade Artist10S hardware code to the newest version
1. Uninstall your Artist 10S driver, along with any other tablet drivers on your computer. Reboot.
2. Close all programs. In your system tray on the bottom right of your screen, right-click on any non-necessary software icons and close the software. Be sure to close software such as OneDrive and Dropbox, in particular.
3. Connect the 10S to your computer and ensure that basic pen input is working correctly. Pressure will not be available.
4. Unzip/Extract the contents of the Artist10S upgrades code and driver folder, then open the newly created folder.
5. Double-click WinQC.exe.
6. Click Factory in the top-left corner, then click Open.
7. Click Yes.
8. Click Load.
9. Choose G10Pro-08s-v5543p4A.bin, then click Open.
10. Ensure that your Artist 10S is correctly connected to your computer and plugged into a wall outlet. Click Upgrade. Do not disconnect your USB or HDMI cables during the upgrade.
11. After the upgrade completes, click Okay.
12. Close the upgrade software.
13. Reboot your computer.
14. Close all background software once again. Open Artist10S upgrades code and driver >> Artist10S upgrades driver >> Windows Driver and run install.exe. Complete the installation as directed, then reboot once more.
4、How do I adjust my Artist 16 display to better match the colors on my main display?
On a Mac computer:
1. By default, the Artist 16 uses the “Digital” display profile.
1. Open “System Preferences” >> “Display,” then check the “Color” tabs for both your Mac monitor and the Artist 16.
2. Set both displays to use the same display profile. You may choose “Apple RGB,” “Adobe RGB (1998),” or “Color LCD.”
On a Windows computer:
1.(With an AMD video card) Open “Start” >> “AMD Catalyst Control Center” >> “AMD Catalyst Control Center.”
2.Click “More…” under “Desktops and Displays.”
3.Click “Desktop Color.”
4.Select “Desktop 2.”
5.For example, my laptop monitor’s colors are more blue than the Artist 16’s. To solve this, I enable “Set color correction for: BLUE,” then change my tablet’s “Gamma,” “Brightness,” and “Contrast” values to the same numbers my main monitor uses.
1.Open “Start” >> “Desktop and Displays” >> “My Digital Flat-Panels” >> “Display Color (Digital Flat-Panel).”
2.Adjust the Artist 16’s “Brightness” and “Temperature” until its colors match your main display.
5、My tablet won’t work with Paint Tool SAI; the cursor will not move at all. Other creative software does not have this issue.
Please follow these directions:
1. Ensure that all tablet drivers, including your XP-Pen driver, are uninstalled completely. To do this, open Start >> Control Panel >> Programs and Features and check your programs list. Reboot your computer after uninstalling any tablet software.
2. After rebooting, click “Start,” then search for “Tablet preferences.” If you find a match, you still have tablet software installed; please repeat step 1.
3. Reinstall your tablet’s latest driver from the Support >> Downloads section of our website. Reboot once more.
4. Ensure that your tablet functions correctly in software other than SAI.
5. Open your SAI installation path, then open “misc.ini” in a text editing program such as Notepad.
6. Scroll down to “TabletMouseSimulation.”
7. If it is set to 0, please change it to 1, then save and exit.
8. If it is set to 1, please change it to 0, then save and exit.
9. Open SAI and test for the issue.
6、How to solve Artist 10S digital signature issue on Windows 10?
1. Click Start >> Settings.
2. Open Update & security.
3. Click Recovery in the left column, then Restart Now under “Advanced startup.”
4. Click Troubleshoot.
5. Click Startup Settings.
6. Click Restart.
7. When you see the menu pictured below, click F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
8. After your computer boots to the desktop, install the Artist 10S driver. Reboot after the installation finishes.
Note: When you reboot your system, digital signature enforcement will automatically be re-enabled.
7、Artist 10S scaling rate issue
If your Artist 10S has scaling rate issues while set to Extend mode, please follow these steps:
1. Close any digital art software.
2. Right-click the desktop and open Display Settings. Make sure that your Artist 10S’s resolution is set to 1280x800 or 1280x720.
3. Open your INTEL, NVIDIA or AMD video card settings.
4. Set all monitors to Maintain Display Scaling, Aspect Ratio, or Maintain Aspect Ratio.
5. Click OK and exit.
6. Open the previously affected art software and check if the issue has been resolved.
8、“After rebooting my computer to finish the driver installation, the tablet icon doesn’t appear in my taskbar.”
A: Open Task Manager and locate the Tablet Client Driver & Wintab Service processes.
★ “I don’t see Tablet Client Driver.”
○ Open File Explorer and double-click your C:\ drive.
Type wtclient into the search bar and click enter. You should see the 2 files shown in the diagram below.
○ Double-click each of the files. The message, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?” should appear. Click “Yes.”
○ Open Task Manager. You should now see the Tablet Client Driver process.
★ “I don’t see Wintab Service.”
○ Open Control panel > Administrative Tools and run Services.
○ Find WinTab Service. Right-click and choose Start.
○ Open Task Manager. You should now see Wintab Service.
○ Reboot your computer. After your system loads the desktop, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?” should appear again. Click “Yes”.
○ You should now see the tablet icon on your taskbar. Double-click it to test your pen pressure.
○ If functional, close the window and test the pressure in your chosen drawing software. Note that some software (i.e. Microsoft Paint) does not support pen pressure.
9、How to solve the Wintab Error message when you want to install Artist 10 driver?
If you experience a Wintab error message during installation of the Artist 10 driver:
If operating on a Windows OS, if you double click “Driver Setup” and get the following error message, try these steps:
1. If you have previously installed any other other graphic tablet/monitor driver software, please remove/uninstall all of them (including all XP-Pen drivers) from your computer and reboot.
2. Close all programs and applications (including photoshop, illustrator, etc..) that are currently open, then go to the "Task Manager".
3. Locate the "Tablet Client Driver (32bit)" and "Wintab Service (32bit)" files then click "End task” to remove them.
4. Open the File Explorer then under the C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders you will find a Wintab32.dll file- Delete the Wintab32.dll files located in both folders
5. Connect the appropriate HDMI and USB cables from the Artist 10 tablet to your computer.
6. Install the driver, when completed reboot your computer.
7. After rebooting your computer right-click on your display and select the “Display settings" options (you can open the Display Settings under your control panel settings options) then select either "mirror mode" or "extend mode".
8. If you want to use your Artist 10 tablet on mirror mode, both the tablet and your computer must be set to the same Screen Resolution (1280x800 Max) then click OK.
9. When you set your Artist 10 to extend mode. You will see a small ‘tablet/pen” icon in your task bar. Click the icon to open the Artist 10 driver settings then go to the "Monitor Settings", select ‘monitor 2’ then click OK.
10. Test your Stylus with the Tablet, and calibrate accordingly. If you experience any further problems or issues with the Artist 10 tablet please contact our customer support team and/or the retailer you purchased the product from.
10、How to setup the Artist 10 ?
1. Setting up the Artist 10 tablet
(1) Please connect the included HDMI & USB cables (Both inputs must be connected to operate the Tablet.
(2) Your Computer may require an additional Display Port to HDMI cable/adapter (not included) or a Mini Display Port adapter
(included depending on the type of video connection your computer requires.
(3) Install the Artist 10 Driver until completed, then reboot your computer.
(4) * VERY IMPORTANT STEP* after your system has restarted, go to the “Display settings” located on your desktop and set the Artist 10 tablet to “Extend mode/Extend these displays” then click OK.
(5) Open the small tablet icon located in the task bar to open the Artist 10 driver settings options.
(6) Select the “Monitor Setting” options tab.
(7) In the Monitor Settings window, set the Artist 10 to “Monitor2” and click OK
2. Calibrating the XP-Pen Stylus Pen and Artist 10 Tablet
(1) Only the Windows Artist 10 driver provides pen calibration settings. The Mac OS Artist 10 driver does not have a calibration option.
(2) You must have the Artist 10 Tablet connected to an additional display monitor in order to configure the Artist 10 Tablet to “mirror mode/Duplicate these displays” or “Extend mode/Extend these displays”.
(3) “Mirror mode/Duplicate these displays”： Both the Artist 10 tablet and the connected monitor MUST be set to the same Screen Resolution(DPI) to function properly. The Artist 10 default screen resolution is 1280 x 800, which requires you to set your computer monitor to 1280x800 as well. Go to the “Display settings” then select “Advanced display settings” to change your computer’s current Screen Resolution to the proper settings.
(4) If your monitor is set to a Display Resolution larger than the Artist 10 tablet’s 1280x800 resolution than your 2nd monitor will not be scaled properly to your tablet resulting in a smaller work/display area which can also effect the Stylus Pen from calibrating and operating properly with the Artist 10 tablet.
(5) Setting up to “Extend mode/Extend these displays”: Select the “Display settings” and set the Artist 10 to “Extend mode/Extend these displays” then click OK. Go to the small tablet icon in the Windows task bar then set the Artist 10 to “Monitor2” and click OK.
(6) Go to the “calibration” options tab in the Artist 10 tablet settings.
(7) When you go to the calibration window, follow the directions and complete the “4-Point Calibration” and “9-Point Calibration” configurations.
(8) If you have completed configuring your setup and the stylus or cursor does not function properly (calibration problems), reboot your computer.
(9) If you have rebooted your computer and still experience the same calibration issues. Please repeat steps 6 & 7:
Select the “calibration” options tab in the Artist 10 tablet settings.
When you go to the calibration window, follow the directions and complete the “4-Point Calibration” and “9-Point Calibration” configurations.