Drawing, animation, game, cartoon etc.
1、How to solve Artist 10S digital signature issue on Windows 10?
1. Click Start >> Settings.
2. Open Update & security.
3. Click Recovery in the left column, then Restart Now under “Advanced startup.”
4. Click Troubleshoot.
5. Click Startup Settings.
6. Click Restart.
7. When you see the menu pictured below, click F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
8. After your computer boots to the desktop, install the Artist 10S driver. Reboot after the installation finishes.
Note: When you reboot your system, digital signature enforcement will automatically be re-enabled.
2、Artist 10S scaling rate issue
If your Artist 10S has scaling rate issues while set to Extend mode, please follow these steps:
1. Close any digital art software.
2. Right-click the desktop and open Display Settings. Make sure that your Artist 10S’s resolution is set to 1280x800 or 1280x720.
3. Open your INTEL, NVIDIA or AMD video card settings.
4. Set all monitors to Maintain Display Scaling, Aspect Ratio, or Maintain Aspect Ratio.
5. Click OK and exit.
6. Open the previously affected art software and check if the issue has been resolved.
3、“After rebooting my computer to finish the driver installation, the tablet icon doesn’t appear in my taskbar.”
A: Open Task Manager and locate the Tablet Client Driver & Wintab Service processes.
★ “I don’t see Tablet Client Driver.”
○ Open File Explorer and double-click your C:\ drive.
Type wtclient into the search bar and click enter. You should see the 2 files shown in the diagram below.
○ Double-click each of the files. The message, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?” should appear. Click “Yes.”
○ Open Task Manager. You should now see the Tablet Client Driver process.
★ “I don’t see Wintab Service.”
○ Open Control panel > Administrative Tools and run Services.
○ Find WinTab Service. Right-click and choose Start.
○ Open Task Manager. You should now see Wintab Service.
○ Reboot your computer. After your system loads the desktop, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?” should appear again. Click “Yes”.
○ You should now see the tablet icon on your taskbar. Double-click it to test your pen pressure.
○ If functional, close the window and test the pressure in your chosen drawing software. Note that some software (i.e. Microsoft Paint) does not support pen pressure.
4、How to solve the Wintab Error message when you want to install Artist 10 driver?
If you experience a Wintab error message during installation of the Artist 10 driver:
If operating on a Windows OS, if you double click “Driver Setup” and get the following error message, try these steps:
1. If you have previously installed any other other graphic tablet/monitor driver software, please remove/uninstall all of them (including all XP-Pen drivers) from your computer and reboot.
2. Close all programs and applications (including photoshop, illustrator, etc..) that are currently open, then go to the "Task Manager".
3. Locate the "Tablet Client Driver (32bit)" and "Wintab Service (32bit)" files then click "End task” to remove them.
4. Open the File Explorer then under the C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders you will find a Wintab32.dll file- Delete the Wintab32.dll files located in both folders
5. Connect the appropriate HDMI and USB cables from the Artist 10 tablet to your computer.
6. Install the driver, when completed reboot your computer.
7. After rebooting your computer right-click on your display and select the “Display settings" options (you can open the Display Settings under your control panel settings options) then select either "mirror mode" or "extend mode".
8. If you want to use your Artist 10 tablet on mirror mode, both the tablet and your computer must be set to the same Screen Resolution (1280x800 Max) then click OK.
9. When you set your Artist 10 to extend mode. You will see a small ‘tablet/pen” icon in your task bar. Click the icon to open the Artist 10 driver settings then go to the "Monitor Settings", select ‘monitor 2’ then click OK.
10. Test your Stylus with the Tablet, and calibrate accordingly. If you experience any further problems or issues with the Artist 10 tablet please contact our customer support team and/or the retailer you purchased the product from.
5、How to setup the Artist 10 ?
1. Setting up the Artist 10 tablet
(1) Please connect the included HDMI & USB cables (Both inputs must be connected to operate the Tablet.
(2) Your Computer may require an additional Display Port to HDMI cable/adapter (not included) or a Mini Display Port adapter
(included depending on the type of video connection your computer requires.
(3) Install the Artist 10 Driver until completed, then reboot your computer.
(4) * VERY IMPORTANT STEP* after your system has restarted, go to the “Display settings” located on your desktop and set the Artist 10 tablet to “Extend mode/Extend these displays” then click OK.
(5) Open the small tablet icon located in the task bar to open the Artist 10 driver settings options.
(6) Select the “Monitor Setting” options tab.
(7) In the Monitor Settings window, set the Artist 10 to “Monitor2” and click OK
2. Calibrating the XP-Pen Stylus Pen and Artist 10 Tablet
(1) Only the Windows Artist 10 driver provides pen calibration settings. The Mac OS Artist 10 driver does not have a calibration option.
(2) You must have the Artist 10 Tablet connected to an additional display monitor in order to configure the Artist 10 Tablet to “mirror mode/Duplicate these displays” or “Extend mode/Extend these displays”.
(3) “Mirror mode/Duplicate these displays”： Both the Artist 10 tablet and the connected monitor MUST be set to the same Screen Resolution(DPI) to function properly. The Artist 10 default screen resolution is 1280 x 800, which requires you to set your computer monitor to 1280x800 as well. Go to the “Display settings” then select “Advanced display settings” to change your computer’s current Screen Resolution to the proper settings.
(4) If your monitor is set to a Display Resolution larger than the Artist 10 tablet’s 1280x800 resolution than your 2nd monitor will not be scaled properly to your tablet resulting in a smaller work/display area which can also effect the Stylus Pen from calibrating and operating properly with the Artist 10 tablet.
(5) Setting up to “Extend mode/Extend these displays”: Select the “Display settings” and set the Artist 10 to “Extend mode/Extend these displays” then click OK. Go to the small tablet icon in the Windows task bar then set the Artist 10 to “Monitor2” and click OK.
(6) Go to the “calibration” options tab in the Artist 10 tablet settings.
(7) When you go to the calibration window, follow the directions and complete the “4-Point Calibration” and “9-Point Calibration” configurations.
(8) If you have completed configuring your setup and the stylus or cursor does not function properly (calibration problems), reboot your computer.
(9) If you have rebooted your computer and still experience the same calibration issues. Please repeat steps 6 & 7:
Select the “calibration” options tab in the Artist 10 tablet settings.
When you go to the calibration window, follow the directions and complete the “4-Point Calibration” and “9-Point Calibration” configurations.
6、My notebook has no VGA, DVI or HDMI ports, can I only plug the USB to use the Artist?
The USB cable is only for drawing-data, not for display data transmission, so you must connect both USB cable and one of the VGA, DVI or HDMI cable.
If your computer or notebook has no VGA, DVI or HDMI ports, you can buy a USB to VGA or HDMI trans adapter for using.
7、Artist shows no signal (The power light appears red.)
1. Make sure one of VGA, DVI or HDMI cable has connected to both Artist and computer, and be connected tightly.
2. Try to test Artist with another computer.
3. If you use USB to D-sub, DVI or HDMI trans adapter, please make sure it is in good condition before using.
8、How to charge the Artist’s stylus?
1. If the stylus goes to low battery, the blue LED light on pen barrel will turn on . Please plug the USB charge cable to the Pen and computer’s USB port to charge.
2. The red LED light will kept on shinning until full charge.
9、When using the mirror mode, the pen and cursor have some of inch distance.
1. When using the mirror mode, the DPI of both monitors must be the same. If not, the pen and cursor will have some of inch distance when you use the Artist.
2. After finish setting, please reboot the computer, and use the drawing display as usual.
10、How to set Artist to extend mode/mirror mode? Artist set to the second monitor.
1. Please go to the display setting in the system control panel.
2. If you want to set to mirror mode, both of the monitors must be set the same DPI.
3. If you want to set to extend mode, you can set the Artist to the monitor 1 or 2.
4. When display set finished, please open the Pen Tablet Setting and go to the Monitor Setting window. Select monitor 1 or 2 depending on your Artist setting of 1 or 2 before.